The Ramallah Magistrate Court will hold the 20th session of Dr. Adel Samara on Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 9:00 am, more witnesses will be heard to defense Dr. Samara, after the prosecution has finished his evidence in the last sessions, lawyers for justice has been represents and following Dr. Samara’s case since its inception.

The trial of Dr. Samara started after he was summoned on 29 June 2016, and interrogated on the basis of a complaint filed by “A.M”, the complaint was because Samara wrote a statement denouncing a contradictory normalization paper; signed by Palestinian factions entitled “Call and cry from the depths”, calling for the establishment of a state with the settlers.

It was not Dr. Adel Samara who wrote and published the statement that included the plaintiff’s name; also the statement was signed by hundreds of Arabs, knowing that he does not hide his opinion against normalization.

The Magistrate’s Court had indicted Dr. Adel for “threatening or insulting by telephone” in violation of Article 91a of the Wireless Telecommunications Law No. 3 of 1996.

Mentioning that Dr. Samara was born in 1944, holds a PhD in Political Economy and Development from the Universities of London and Exeter in Britain, plus he has 30 books in Arabic and English, some of which have been translated into French and written about economics, nationalism, women, development and socialism, and has published many researches and articles, he was arrested in 1963 and 1965 in Jordan for two and a half years, on the grounds of membership of the movement of Arab nationalists – heroes of return, in 1967 he was arrested by the occupation for five years on the back of his membership in the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and another five months in 1979 against the background of his previous membership, and for a month by the Palestinian Authority for signing and publishing a statement of” twenty” against corruption, Samara worked as an economic advisor and journalist in more than one international economic institution. He accompanied the martyr Naji al-Ali in London and left after his assassination.